November 24, 2014

Waxing at La Nature: So Far, So Good

Having heard all kinds of horror stories about waxing in Bangkok, I did my research very carefully. Strip: Ministry of Waxing and The Waxing Bar sounded brilliant but way too expensive. There's no way I will pay Western rates for body hair removal in Southeast Asia, especially Thailand!

Eventually, I ended up going for my first wax job to La Nature, a hop, skip & jump away from the Lumpini Metro station. The salon is located in the Lumpini Park View Condo building. Its pricing is mid-range. It's certainly less expensive than the fancy salons, but substantially more costly than the small neighbourhood salons one passes in Silom and Sukhumvit.

Street view of the building in which La Nature is located

The website outlines the rates, wax types and methods clearly. It also promises NO REUSE and NO DOUBLE DIPPING of wax -- I hear this is a massive issue in Bangkok. I was keen to try roller wax, which was available. The surrounding were neat and clean; the girls were courteous. Two of them did my waxing together and the whole ordeal was quick, efficient, and no more painful than expected. 

I was so inspired by my excellent waxing experience that I opted to have a facial treatment right after, which turned out to be a mistake! Obviously, the forte of these beauticians is waxing. The facial was confused and rather short -- my face didn't feel soft and glowing, like it ideally should. :(

I've been thrice more to La Nature since then, and have been satisfied with the waxing each time. I recommend it highly for anyone who wants a hygienic and efficient wax job without breaking the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment